„Highlight-Guide“The special "Highlight Guide" format at PRINT & DIGITAL CONVENTION stands for the presentation of best practices and creative applications. Here, exhibitors have the opportunity to show their product highlights in action.
Various scenarios are available that showcase print technology, software applications, finishing highlights, cross-media and marketing measures for brands and products in the context of a campaign. The project implementations are embedded in real brand demonstrations and a performance showcase of all communication elements, some of which are produced live at the trade show.
Project 1: New development "Gin packaging" + "Poster production"The brand partner r[h]eingin has launched a city edition in cooperation with the artist Jacques Tilly. The task of the highlight project is to develop twin packaging for the "Düsseldorf" and "Cologne" editions. Furthermore, corresponding posters will be developed and produced for both editions.
Project 2: Geomarketing: How does it actually work?Filtering out the most promising target groups on the basis of locations and using personalized maps to point the way from the customer to the store: the keyword is geomarketing. But how exactly does such a project work?
The team of experts - DRUCKMARKT, f:mp., locr, Limego with partners Xerox, Mondi, XMPie and johnen-druck - investigated this question. The result is the cover of the 137th issue of DRUCKMARKT. It shows various ideas for the creative use of geomarketing and is unique for each reader. It shows various direct mailing examples and an event invitation - naturally for the Print & Digital Convention.
With individualized map sections, all important information is conveyed and at the same time the route to the event is visualized, which looks different for each customer. The reader is addressed personally and is already on his way in his mind, which demonstrably increases the response rate and success of the campaign. QR codes effortlessly add digital content to high-quality print products - making cross-media so easy.
...and not only in this aspect, but also overall, the conclusion of the project is: Geomarketing is not witchcraft - for anyone!
Project 3: New interpretation "Children's book Mountain GorillasThe children's book "Mountain Gorillas", which is published by Mondberge Verlag, is to be reinterpreted in terms of production technology. The task is to personalize the title page and to create an absolutely flat opening.
Production techniques used
- Digital printing with the Konica Minolta KM1
- LayFlat finishing
RC-Papier // matt // hochweiß // 1,2-faches Volumen / 170 g/qm
Blauer Engel, Co2 neutral, EU Ecolabel
FSC recyled credit
Projekt 4: PRINT & DIGITAL CONVENTION-TagebuchThe PRINT & DIGITAL CONVENTION diary is becoming increasingly popular at the event. In addition to the congress program, the diary provides a wealth of information about the event and is thus in daily event use.
This year, the diary will be implemented as follows:
Size: DIN A4
Scope: 60 Pages + Cover (Hardcover)
Colors: Inside 4/4
Cover 4/0 + MGI-varnishing
ALUFIN LASER 107921
Print: KonicaMinolta auf der KM1
further processing: Schäfer Medien
Cover: MAGNOSATIN, 135 g/qm
Insert: MAGNO VOLUME, 135 g/qm
Project 5: sustainable-social packaging developmentDoing good and not also, but even intentionally talking about it. Leading by example and triggering other companies to do the same. The collaborative sustainable-social packaging project is supported by all companies involved in the regular value chain of a packaging production:
Papierfabrik August Koehler SE
Uhrenmanufaktur Mühle-Glashütte GmbH nautische Instrumente und Feinmechanik
Scholz&Friends Family GmbH (metagate GmbH)
Lehanka Kommunikationsagentur GmbH
The production of three dummies each was entrusted to the sustainable Hamburg printing companyi Langebartels & Jürgens Druckereigesellschaft mbH.
Public relations, documentation
Editorial support and press relations are provided by the authors of the Industry initiative UmDEX.de.
The project is proactively supported by Fachverband Medienproduktion e. V.
The project is a social-ecological cooperation, a collaboration, of sustainably focused and socially engaged companies:
- Koehler Paper in Greiz is one of the most sustainable paper production sites worldwide. The company produces high-quality sustainable papers: All cardboard is carbon-free and certified with FSC, the Blue Angel DE-UZ 14a and the EU Ecolabel. This is how the slogan was born: Sustainable. Premium.
- In this collaboration, luxury watches (new 2022 model: S.A.R. Rescue-Timer, Search and Rescue) from the watch manufacturer Mühle Glashütte GmbH are to be packaged in a high-quality and innovative way with a social component, using sustainable Koehler cardboard packaging.
- The watch model to be packaged is a watch limited to 150 pieces and marketed exclusively through the jeweler Wempe. 100 euros, or 15,000 euros, will be donated to the sea rescuers. A comparable campaign was already carried out in 2020/2021.
- The creations by the aforementioned agencies are carried out free of charge and are developed in close consultation with the production facility, Langebartels & Jürgens GmbH.
- The watch manufacturer Mühle Glashütte GmbH is also donating one of these watches for a raffle at the Print & Digital Convention in Düsseldorf. The proceeds of the raffle will be doubled by the trade show organizers Fachverband Medienproduktion e. V. and Messe Düsseldorf. The proceeds will be donated to Kindernothilfe, for a special module for parents and children who have suffered in various ways from the Corona pandemic.
- The project zooms in on all the companies involved in such a value chain, all of which are sustainably focused.
Projekt 6: NFC-„All-in-One“-BatchThe combination of print and NFC offers many advantages and sets a new standard for the printing industry. The data stored on the integrated NFC chip supplements the classically printed information, thus offering considerable added value and enhancing the customer experience. NFC21 and Medienhaus Gather, together with the Fachverband Medienproduktion, are pleased to present the multifunctional "All-in-One" batch, which you will receive this year when you check in at the Print & Digital Convention: Admission ticket, program, hall plan. and raffle entry all in one - and all intuitively usable with just one scan.
Projekt 7: Book project "Photo book"Another book project shows how current production technologies ensure that a book becomes a multisensory experience. A photo book published by Marathon Press-Verlag in cooperation with Imaging Solutions AG (ISAG) stages the works of American photographer Tim Tadder. The LayFlat binding on the ISAG Fastbook Professional allows the photos to be impressively displayed across the binding, showing them off to their best advantage. As an additional highlight for the PRINT & DIGITAL CONVENTION, the book edges were finished with the PräziEdge press from Schmedt so that the cover image runs over the edge of the book.
Image Courtesy of Tim Tadder Photography
- printed with HP Indigo-Technologie on Mohawk Paper
- Bound on ISAG Fastbook Professional
- Book edge printing: PräziEdge